UP Board Class 10 Model Paper 3 English
Time : 3 hrs 15 min
Maximum Marks : 70
Instruction First 15 minutes are allotted for the candidates to read the question paper.
- This question paper is divided into two sections A and B.
- All questions from the two sections are compulsory.
- Marks are indicated against each question.
- Read the questions very carefully before you start answering them.
Read the following passage and answer the questions given below it:
The judges listened to him, questioned him and condemned him to death. The old man made no complaint. He leaned on his stick, looking round the crowded courtroom. Plato and his other pupils were there in the court all the time. “No evil can happen to a good man”, he told them, “either in life or after death, so be of good cheer. I have to go. The hour of my departure has arrived and we go our ways, I to die and you to live.”
Then the soldiers came and took him away to prison. His wife followed with his three children. Many of his favourite pupils were also with him. For a long time, they talked to him and he taught them many wise lessons which they treasured in their hearts. But all the time his friends knew that Socrates would die soon. They were sad. “For”, as Plato wrote “he was like a father of whom we were being bereaved and we were about to pass the rest of our lives as orphans.”
- Why were the friends of Socrates sad ? (2)
- What did the old man say to his pupils? (2)
Answer one of the following questions in about 60 words: (4)
- Why does Nehru want much of the past traditions and customs to be discarded ?
- How did Tansen make his Guru sing?
Answer two of the following questions in about 25 words each: (2+2=4)
- How was Nehru attached to the Ganga?
- Who embraced Yudhishthira and blessed him ?
- What did the second son do before buying anything?
Match the words of List A with their meanings in List B :(1 x 4=4)
|List A||List B|
Read the following lines of poetry and answer the questions given below it:
Into the moonlight, Whiter than snow, Waving so flower – like, When the winds blow !
- What is the effect of the moonlight on the fountain? (2)
- Point out the words that are rhyming from the above stanza. (2)
Give the central idea of one of the following poems: (3)
- The Psalm of Life
- A Nation’s Builder.
Write four lines from one of the poems given in your textbook. (Do not copy out the lines given in this question paper.)
Answer two of the following questions in about 25 words each: (2+2 = 4)
- How did the great and eventful life of Edison end?
- Why was Vikramaditya praised by one and all?
- Who was D Coubertin and what was his ideal?
Point out true and false statements in the following: (1 x 4=4)
- On 4th September, 1882, for the first time, New York shone in the brightness of electric light.
- The last angel allowed the king of Ujjain to sit on the judgement seat of Vikramaditya.
- Some of Edison’s experiments were silly but he learnt a lot from them.
- Luz Long was an American.
Select the most suitable alternative to complete the following statements: (1×4=4)
1. When Edison tried his experiment on his servant girl
(A) she began to fly
(B) she fell down on the ground
(C) she fell ill
(D) she started running
2. The judgement seat of Vikramaditya was found in
3. The essential thing in life is
(A) fighting well
(C) earning money
(D) doing bad things
4. Hitler believed in
(A) equality of all races
(B) superiority of German race
(C) winning of a good sportsman irrespective of his country
(D) superiority of English race
Do as indicated against each of the following sentences:
- take should everyone pride job he whatever in does (Frame a correct sentence by re-ordering the words.)(2)
- The snowfall destroyed all the crops. (Change into passive voice) (2)
- “I am not interested in your fake stories” said Priya to Shubham. (Change into indirect speech) (2)
- He on this problem since morning (use correct form of the verb ‘work’ to fill in the blank) (2)
- Choose the correct preposition from the ones given below the sentence to fill in the blank: (2)
A mouse came the hole at the corner of the room, (in, for, from , to)
- Complete the following sentence : (2)
Sunil knows where
- Complete the spelling of the following words.
(i) i _te ig _ n _ (ii) r _ al _ s_ d
- Punctuate the following sentence using capital letters wherever necessary: (2)
the teacher said to the students the moon is the earth’s planet.
Translate the following into English : (4)
शब्द विचारों को व्यक्त करने का बहुत अच्छा माध्यम हैं। हर कोई अच्छे विचारों को सुनना चाहता है। कुछ व्यक्ति बोलकर अपने विचारों को व्यक्त करते हैं। कुछ लोग कम बोलते हैं। वे अपने विचारों को बोलकर व्यक्त नहीं कर पाते। ऐसे व्यक्ति अपने सुन्दर विचारों को लिखते हैं। वे कवि एवं लेखक बनते हैं। वे देश-दुनिया में कीर्तिमान स्थापित करते हैं।
Write a letter to the Superintendent of Police complaining
about the incidents of theft and chain snatching in your area. (Do not write your Name and Roll No) (4)
Write an application to the Principal of S.D. Inter College, Muzaffarnagar to allow the cricket team of his college to play a friendly match against your college team. (Do not write your Name and Roll No)
Write a composition on one of the following topics in about 60 words. Points are given below for each topic to develop the composition: (6)
1. A Flood Scene or A River in Floods
(B) Sudden Rise of Water
(C) Places Where the Water had Entered
(D Miseries of the People
(E) Relief Work
2. Inventions of Science
(C) Other Services
(D) A Bad Master
3. My Best Friend
(B) Name, Age and Parentage
(C) His Dress and Habits
(D) His Interests in Games & Sports arid Cultural Activities
(E) His Good Qualities
Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it:
A historical fact about Tokyo is that it was a small fishing village, originally. It became the country’s de facto capital, even though the king remained in Kyoto. However in 1869, king Meiji came to the Tokyo area and the Edo Castle was transformed into a spectacular Imperial Palace. Tokyo remained Japan’s capital till 1943, after which, it was merged with Tokyo’s Metropolitan Prefecture.
Tokyo is a dream destination with several famous attractions located here. Some of the popular tourist attractions in the city include the Disney Resort, Dome City, Sony Building, Hanayashiki Amusement Park and the Imperial Palace. Another amazing fact about Tokyo is that it is home to the tallest tower in the world, Sky tree.
- How was the spectacular Imperial Palace formed? (3)
- Why is Tokyo a dream destination for tourists all over the world ? (3)
हमें आशा है, कि यूपी बोर्ड Class 10th English Model Paper 3 आपकी मदद करेंगे। यदि आपको यूपी बोर्ड कक्षा 10 मॉडल पेपर के बारे में कोई प्रश्न है, तो नीचे Comment करके पूँछ सकते है, हमारे टीम आपको उत्तर देगी |